[lug] metamail

David dajo at frii.com
Tue Aug 28 19:29:08 MDT 2001

I have recently discovered metamail; also I noticed that someone
referred to it a few days ago.  I have started to use it to process
mail attachments, etc., inside emacs.  My immediate reaction is that
it is just what I need.  My question is, does anyone have any advice
about using it and modifying mailcap?  I am especially interested in a
copy of mailcap that handles newish software, StarOffice, image file
software, etc.  Also any advice about handling missing software; at
the moment my metamail is a little too happy to use the bit bucket.

dajo