[lug] C++ libraries in Linux

Kelly Brock krbrock at pacbell.net
Sun Sep 16 04:17:19 MDT 2001

Howdy,

> > For books, you probably want Stroustrup (he wrote C++,
> you'll know it
> > when you see it), plus something on STL and one
> specifically titled "The
> > Standard C++ Library" (by Plaugner).
> >
> > D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com
> >

> Hmmm.  A search of amazon says that Plaugner wrote an STL
> book, "The C++
> Standard Template Library".  Is that the book you meant?
> There is another
> book, "The C++ Standard Library" by Josuttis, which seem to
> be broader.  Did
> you mean to get the STL book by Plaugner, and the Josuttis book?

	Personal suggestion, DO NOT GET THE PLAUGNER book.  Did I capitalize
enough?  Definately get the Josuttis book, I have it and love it.  Plaugner
wrote the STL included with MSVC, do I need to say anything else about his
quality?  Don't get me wrong, Plaugner is probably a hell of a programmer,
you just can't tell by his implementation of STL that's supplied with VC.
It's crap and few people will argue it.

	Regards,

	Kelly Brock
	The Sims Online