[lug] C++ libraries in Linux

Jeff Walker jwalker at matchlogic.com
Mon Sep 17 09:02:41 MDT 2001

I would shy away from anything written by Schildt.  Although not everyone
agrees, he is considered a poor author.  He may have improved over the
years, but I know the C FAQ used to have a rant about him.  He is
responsible for propagating many bad coding idioms. (most famous is the
"void main()")  His examples are frequently wrong, etc.

I haven't see a book by him in four years or so, YMMV.

Also, thanks for all the STL links.  Very helpful.

--
Jeff Walker                   MatchLogic, Inc.
jwalker at matchlogic.com        7233 Church Ranch Blvd.