[lug] Re:

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Wed Sep 19 22:13:23 MDT 2001

> On my Toshiba 1605 CDS, it's F2 to get into the bios. You could have
> interupted a 'save to disk' or someother such function.

That sounds possible. It sounds like it's hitting the disk twice and then freezing. The disk is blank though, I deleted the Winjunk partition. I was trying to get a boot disk working. Went through 3 of them and they all panic. I was able to reboot between each floppy though, so I don't think that's the problem (the blank HD).

> There's a users guide, which is in a windows exe file.. so....

Looking at it on the iMac there really isn't much info. The User Guide link was grayed out so I think they may be detecting the browser and graying it out for anything other than windoze.

> I'm sure there's a bios battery somewhere in there.

I can't even get this damned thing open. I found seven screws. Three in the corners and 4 under the battery pack. I also tried taking the HD out and booting, hoping it would look at the floppy. But no luck. I'm really at a loss on this one. It has a resume option but normally that would default if I took the battery out. I don't know if a bios battery is holding some of the resume function as well. Two hours of google is turning up nothing.

Thanks a lot for the reply.

John