[lug] NFS Mounting From Windows 2000

Hugh Brown hugh at vecna.com
Sat Sep 29 19:18:27 MDT 2001

I think usually nfs install means that the nfs machine is unix based to
begin with.  There are sometimes naming issues on windows where the files
end up in 8.3 format.

The nfs server needs to export at least read only to the machine that
you are trying to install.

I have this setup at work.  Something to consider is that maybe all the
cd's need to be copied onto disk with the directory layout preserved.  You
need to make sure you can mount the redhat install directory from somewhere
else (usu. everything below sparc/)

Make sure you have a supported network card, that you got the sparc version
of RH 6.2.  Sometimes a lack of DNS resolution can cause problems too.

FWIW,

Hugh

"Matt James"