[lug] mixing linux/win cvs/ssh

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Wed Oct 3 21:27:48 MDT 2001

In general, I do get a message during ssh cvs checkouts:
stdin: is not a tty

This does not appear to be a problem. At least not on command line. I am
able to check out files over cvs this way from either win or linux
(server is linux). What fails are all of the gui interfaces (win only).
I'm thinking maybe the "stdin: is not a tty" is interfering. For
example, scp will fail if some startup file in the home directory echoes
something like "welcome".

In general, the web page below is quite helpful. But it doesn't tell me
one thing I need to know. It seems to rely on placing keys and not using
passwords. Is it possible that the password interactive is not possible
with ssh cvs on the win gui? I do get the password prompt, but then it
fails. Although I don't want a key pair that requires an rsa password
each time, I *do* want it to prompt for my login pass on the remote
machine. I'm thinking the gui's are too limited to do this, and even
though it prompts for pass, it is causing failure.

Also, my login shell is tcsh, so I'd have to find some equivalent to
that case below if it is mandatory to work around non-interactive
logins. Before I can do more testing though, I'll have to uninstall some
of the tcl stuff I have now, it lacks tk, and probably isn't good to mix
versions.

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com