[lug] pleas help raid1

Faster-Laster jason at fasterlaster.com
Thu Oct 4 11:02:05 MDT 2001

I don't believe that the master boot record is mirrored. You probably
need to take the std lilo (if that is what you are using) and modify it
to write to the mbr on the second drive.

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 09:55:59AM -0600, Jason Davis wrote:

> could someone pleas help me with raid1 and redhat 7.1. i got two disk one is
> primary other is secondary both are masters. set up raid 1 at time of
> install.
> have 3 partinos on each..exactly the same. so everthing works fine until i
> simulate a failure. unplug primary disk then place hdc on primary and boot
> with boot disk....boots up fine. so could some one tell me what to do from
> this point to get a bootable primary in place and reinstall my redundant
> disk making it in sync with the primary
>
> thanks alot,
> jd

>    jd_480 at hotmail.com

| Microsoft does write "free" software.  Not free as in "free beer" or |
| "free speech", but "Free Tibet". -- Milan Svoboda in linux at linux.cz  |