[lug] pleas help raid1

Faster-Laster jason at fasterlaster.com
Thu Oct 4 13:57:26 MDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 04, 2001 at 01:21:56PM -0600, Jason Davis wrote:
> so, your saying..after i have moved hdc to hda boot from floppy then go
> topromt and run lilo and this will create a mbr on the new hda (formerly
> hdc) ??
well, sorta. it should work, but really this is a real pain. somewhere
(& i would tell you if i still had the url) there is a good example of
software raid and lilo. wait....
look at http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/Boot+Root+Raid+LILO.html
it has examples of the lilo config just the way you want.

> so after i do this can i just plug my original hda in to secondary master
> and it
> will sync its self on boot?

I am pretty sure it doesn't work that way. I believe the mbr is not
synced. it was just a quick hack so that at least the drive would be
bootable untill you found out the rest of the info.

good luck.
| Microsoft does write "free" software.  Not free as in "free beer" or |
| "free speech", but "Free Tibet". -- Milan Svoboda in linux at linux.cz  |