[lug] Environment

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Oct 5 12:25:43 MDT 2001

The easiest might be to drop the plugin into the default Netscape plugin directory.  On mine, it's /usr/lib/netscape/plugins

If you need to stick with the environment variable, try putting it in these files:

/etc/csh.login (for csh variants)
/etc/profile (for sh variants)

Some systems also have /etc/profile.d/{*.csh,*.sh} files that you can create.

-John

Shannon Johnston wrote:

> Hi All!
> I'm trying to get the java plugin to work w/ my Netscape. I need to set
> the NPX_PLUGIN_PATH. I do this by entering:
>
> export NPX_PLUGIN_PATH=/usr/java/jre/plugin/i386/ns4/
>
> This is fine in my terminal but I need it to be system-wide and permanent.
> How do I do that??
>
> Shannon Johnston
> nunar at nunar.com

  - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
 |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
 |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |