[lug] PCMCIA modem problem

Chuck Morrison cmorrison at greeleynet.com
Thu Oct 11 11:23:27 MDT 2001

Hi,

I've been having a heck of a time getting a pcmcia modem to work on my
laptop with SuSE 7.2. First I got a Xircom card which didn't work. Oh, it
dialed and started making noise, but It would never connect. It acted the
same way under SuSE and Winders98.

So, I took it back and got a BestData modem (same price). This works OK in
winders but under SuSE it gets recognized, the serial_cs module gets loaded and the
system locks until the card is removed. Does this ring a bell for anyone ?

And, No it isn't a winmodem. It's supposed to work with mac's and old
dos/win31 systems too, although I haven't tried it.

Chuck