[lug] StarOffice 6.0

Scott A. Herod herod at interact-tv.com
Thu Oct 11 11:21:13 MDT 2001

I don't think that you got the entire thing unless they've changed the
distro since last week.  My copy is:

-rwx------    1 herod    eng      124582824 Oct  2 11:34
so-6_0-beta-bin-linux-en.bin*

BTW, read the short review at LWN: http://lwn.net/2001/1011/  It's funny
in a rather sad way.  Esp. the comments on the license.  BTW,  I looked
at converting some spreadsheets from 5.2.  After the nightmare of
figuring
out Starbasic to get them origonally from Excel, they gone and scrapped
it.  Now there's a new IDL API, http://api.openoffice.org.  It's obvious
that the author of the web page used the OpenOffice version _without_
the spell checker.

Scott.