[lug] Software Projects as well....

David dajo at frii.com
Fri Oct 12 17:42:25 MDT 2001

> The classical example is what Dennis Ritchie said about his Unix work.
> If he had to do it all over again, he would name "creat", "create".
> The idea of missing letters for no apparent reason permeates Unix and
> C culture much to its detriment.

I think that for a lot of us, apparently including Dennis Ritchie,
there is a large amount of "been there, done that" wrt cute stuff.  I
am (= have become) a total bigot over code Readability, where the
Capitalisation is intended to imply commentary, comprehensibilty,
getting over the whole story to the next maintainer, etc.  I believe
that the most important characteristic of code is its Readability.
Readability is more important even than correct operation.  And I bet
you can work out why 8-)

dajo