[lug] Sean's geek travels.

Nate Duehr nate at natetech.com
Wed Oct 17 01:49:31 MDT 2001

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 08:23:05AM -0600, Matt Clauson wrote:
> Speaking of cool ham-radio oriented stuff, you might want to check out
> the Internet Repeater Linking Project at http://www.irlp.net/ -- it's
> really cool, running real-time VoIP using ham radio repeaters.
> International in scope (I routinely work into Australia on it) and lots
> of cool places on it (I'm hoping to get a repeater on a high mountain
> near Estes Park soon enough, with IRLP.  It'll be on 70cm).

Ahh... my favorite toy in the world right now.  IRLP!

My node is on the air from near I-25 and Arapahoe, node 399.  Simplex on
223.45.  Currently off the air with a CTCSS problem in the radio, but
the repeater will be done soon.

It is so cool to be able to control the whole thing from shell scripts...
that *has* to be the best part.

> Local node (Front Range coverage, based in Evergreen) is on the 145.340
> (-600 kHz, 103.5 PL) RMRL repeater.  The command codes are club
> membership only, but many club members will bring up the link for you,
> and you can hear the repeater on the Denver Reflector most of the time
> anyway -- people just leave it up!

A club member right here, and also the owner/operator of Reflector #2!
:-)

> --mec

What's your callsign?  For some reason I feel I should know... but...?

N0NTZ here, soon to be WY0X when the vanity call request gets processed
by the FCC. (And now that I'm an Extra Class licensee of course... just
*had* to have a one-by-two or two-by-one starting with W... heh.)

--
Nate Duehr <nate at natetech.com>