[lug] KRUD text-based when installed from HDD?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sun Oct 21 11:04:45 MDT 2001

On Thu, Oct 18, 2001 at 03:52:12PM -0600, Michael Deck wrote:
>I'm curious why I got a text-based rather than graphical installation when I
>did it from the HDD. -M

The usual reasons for getting a text rather than GUI install are either
typing "text" at the first prompt, or not having a mouse connected.
There's nothing special about an install from a hard drive that would make
it preclude a GUI install that I know of.

Sean
--
 This message is REALLY offensive, so I ROT-13d it TWICE.
                 -- Sean Reifschneider being silly on #python, 2000