[lug] Dell Latitude and KRUD -- Docking Station NIC?

John Starkey jstarkey at advancecreations.com
Thu Oct 25 11:46:23 MDT 2001

Thus spake Bonnell, Doug (DBonnell at co.maxoptix.com):

> I have two Latitudes, a CPi D266XT and a CP D233XT.
> The CPi has a 3600maH battery. When I first had the
> machine (used, purchased in July), it would run a
> little over three hours.

This one is from the Rythms sell-off. The laptops all looked to be in good shape but batteries are one of those things. Sounds like it's on par with what you were saying though.

> I haven't done much to setup APM. The BIOS is set to full
> brightness under battery power. The CPi also runs a wireless
> Raylink card which "seems" to take a fair amount of power.

I found some issues with APM through google.com and others. Some list archives with users' questions and APM problems, so I'm avoiding that as well at the moment.

> The cheapest new batteries I've found are at:
>
> 	http://www.teamexcess.com/

Thanks for the referal. I found them through pricewatch.com but I can't seem to nav their site with Konqueror so I shyed away. The nav bar returns the same page for each link.

I'll be buying a case and 2 128 meg chips for it today. Any comments or suggestions are very welcome :}

THanks again,

John