[lug] Dell Latitude and KRUD -- Docking Station NIC?

Bonnell, Doug DBonnell at co.maxoptix.com
Thu Oct 25 09:28:35 MDT 2001

I have two Latitudes, a CPi D266XT and a CP D233XT.
The CPi has a 3600maH battery. When I first had the
machine (used, purchased in July), it would run a
little over three hours.

Now, the CPi runs a little over two hours. The indicator
under Gnome has changed, showing an estimated 4+ hours
(2X, it seems). Earlier, it would show 3+ hours and that
was closer to reality.

I haven't done much to setup APM. The BIOS is set to full
brightness under battery power. The CPi also runs a wireless
Raylink card which "seems" to take a fair amount of power.

Yahoo has a discussion group for Linux on Dell computers:

The cheapest new batteries I've found are at:

	http://www.teamexcess.com/

They have 3800maH batteries for $59+ shipping. They also have
a fairly high rating at http://www.resellerratings.com.

I would think with two batteries and a bit of APM tweaking it
should be possible to get 6+ hours of up time.

Doug