[lug] DHCP and a static IP

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 25 14:16:16 MDT 2001

I've never done this before, but another approach that comes to mind
would be using a virtual interface, like eth0:0, for the static IP
address.  It can be configured in /etc/sysconfig just like any other
interface.

-John

Bonnell, Doug wrote:

> Shouldn't be difficult. Look at the script "ifup" in
> /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts.
>
> Look for the section that executes on "DYNCONFIG". If
> pump fails, the script normally exits. You'd want the
> script to execute something similar to the else
> section after the "DYNCONFIG" section.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Doug

   - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
  |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |
  |  Mailstop R/OM12. 325 Broadway, Boulder, CO 80305  |