[lug] telnet and ftp w/RH 7.2 -- SOLVED

Gary Hodges Gary.Hodges at noaa.gov
Thu Oct 25 16:48:58 MDT 2001

Solved may be too strong a word, but I am now able to telnet and ftp in.  Of
course, now that I can I'm not sure I want to!  Going through all this has me
rethinking my plans for this machine.

In any case, running the command /usr/sbin/lokkit gave the configuration screen
I had during the installation that I zipped on by the first time.  I chose the
custom configuration and explicitly allowed ftp and telnet.  This in turn edited
the /etc/sysconfig/ipchains file.

Thanks for all the suggestions.  I'll be exploring some of them as I zero in on
just exactly what I'll be using this computer for.

Regards,
Gary