[lug] gzip windows files

Jason Davis jasond at cybermesa.com
Sat Oct 27 00:57:59 MDT 2001

hi,
i have tryed the smbclient command to back up users
shared directories to my linux samba server...usally seems
to work just fine...yet once i noticed that winzip (installer program)
got corupt and would not let me use the program to install
from again....any way i want to use my samba server as a production file
server and backup machine...i use smbmount to mount all the windoz
shares i wrote a bash script to gzip and tar all shares . so could someone
tell me if this is safe for all windows files ..ie text,uh...cabs..etc

sorry about my extremley long sentence,
thanks,
jd
jasond at cybermesa.com