[lug] Ah, yes: the much-vaunted Microsoft security

Greg Horne jeerygh at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 30 17:25:31 MST 2001

     The corporate versions that has been floating around for almost 2
months now didn't need to be cracked at all because they (Microsoft)took the
copy protection mechanism out.  Why you ask?  I think there was a discussion
on this list about swapping hard drives/ zip dirves/ etc... on business
trips and how re-activation would cause problems.
    I think it is pointless to get the hacked version (possible issues?),
when you can get the coporate version (clean and unhacked :)
    Microsoft probably expected this.  Why else do you think they'd take a
chance with a corporate version?  This makes me wonder...Do you think
Microsoft will turn the other way just so .NET is more successful???
hmmmm...

Greg Horne