[lug] Article Link - a twist I had not considered...

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Wed Oct 31 11:05:47 MST 2001

Thus spoke Harris, James
> I'm terribly concerned with this quote:
>
> "At Microsoft Corp., doubts go beyond IBM to Linux itself. Doug Miller,
> director of competitive strategy for the software giant, says he thinks
> Linux isn't a long-term bet for the data center. "I just don't see it taking
> over the world," he says. "

Well, not that it will help ease your concerns, but I worked with Doug in
Denver back in the mid 90's and his quotes plus $3.50 will get you a cup of
coffee at Starbucks - note they charge you extra if you bring in one of his
quotes.

Keep in mind when I worked with Doug he was trying to sell SVR4.2 to PC
users.  He failed, so by his reasoning Linux must also.  Not hardly.

--
Michael J. Hammel           | I ran a stop sign.  The cop asked "Why'd you run
The Graphics Muse           | the stop sign?"  I said "Hey, I don't believe