[lug] Boulder Linux Users Group - October 11, 2001 Meeting Summary

J. Wayde Allen wallen at its.bldrdoc.gov
Thu Nov 1 15:34:06 MST 2001

              Boulder Linux User's Group Meeting Summary

Attendance: approximately 30

Synopsis:  This was the first BLUG meeting since canceling the September
meeting due to the attack on the World Trade Center.  One change is that
we no longer can meet at the NIST facility due to the increase in site
security.  So ... we have attempted to move the meetings to the CU campus
and to support the growth of a CU Linux community.  The smaller than usual
turnout was somewhat disappointing.  Don't really know if this was because
of the move or not?

In any case, we had a pretty good meeting with Chris Riddoch presiding.
The featured speaker was Jeffery Collins <jcollins at boulder.net> discussing
his work on porting the Python environment to the Palm Pilot
<http://www.endeavors.com/pippy/index.html>.

The meeting ended with our usual general Q&A period, door prize drawing,
and socializing.

Next Meeting:  November 8, 2001, 7:00 p.m., CU Boulder Campus, ECCR 105
               Peter Saint-Andre <stpeter at jabber.org>
               Jabber: Open Instant Messaging