[lug] Sendmail Relay only for users

Greg Horne jeerygh at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 2 17:02:24 MST 2001

I need help, all the tutorial sites on the internet expect you to
already know what you are doing.  They are no help.  My question:

Is there a way to allow sendmail to only relay e-mail if it is from an
account on the system?  Here is why I need to know this...

A bunch of people use my sendmail server for e-mail, and just about
all of them use outlook.  They are all on different services like AOL,
DSL, and other dialups.

Right now sendmail is in promiscuous relay mode, which is the way I
was able to allow people to use my smtp from anywhere.

So. . .Is there a method to only allowing people that have an account
on the system running sendmail to relay?  If so, how would this be
accomplished.

Thanks,
Greg

- - -