[lug] RE: Nvidia accelerated divers

Jeff Howell howeljs at grimoire.stortek.com
Fri Nov 9 15:46:46 MST 2001

Actually that line in the XF86Config-4 file is telling X which agp
driver to use. As agpgart is loaded as a module, you're using the kernel
agp driver which is slowing your 3d performance a lot. The nvidia agp
driver won't show up as a kernel module. It's internal to the driver. I
would suggest using it unless you have a motherboard chipset that is
listed in the nvidia docs as incompatible with thir driver.

An excellent document for their drivers is here:
 http://www.nvidia.com/docs/lo/1018/SUPP/NVLinuxNotes_1541.pdf

--
 Jeff Howell
 EDS Unix Support

  Linux Slackware: The Ultimate NT Service Pack