[lug] Very odd, not really linux question -- WATT 32, AT&T at home

Sean LeBlanc seanleblanc at home.com
Sun Nov 18 15:14:57 MST 2001

On 11-18 13:20, Sean Reifschneider wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 14, 2001 at 05:20:53PM -0500, Zichary O`Tea wrote:
> >Although I can set my hostname in wattcp.cfg, it appears that when my host
> >name is sent durning the DHCP DISCOVER process, it appears as a "fully
>
> Don't use DHCP.  Simply set up the static IP that they gave you on the
> install invoice.  That's what I did...

:) Another rebel, I see. Every time I have called AT&T in the over two years I've
had them, I can't remember a time they *didn't* say to use DHCP, and imply that
static ips either never existed (yeah, right) or that they are being phased out.
In any case,  I ignore it every time. The day the static ip number no longer works
is the day I start up DHCP.

Sean LeBlanc, seanleblanc at home.com
IM-> Yahoo: seanleblancathome ICQ: 138565743 MSN: seanleblancathome AIM: sleblancathome
One should remember man's spirit as the guide, the primordial poet, smaller
than an atom, granter of all things, in form inconceivable, the color of the
sun beyond darkness.
-Bhagavad-Gita 8:9