[lug] Annoying new behavior in RedHat/Krud 7.2

Timothy C. Klein teece at silverklein.net
Wed Nov 28 11:56:38 MST 2001

I add the following script to my root .bashrc:

#!/bin/bash

# Copy teece's .Xauthority key to roots .Xauthority

/usr/bin/X11/xauth -f /home/teece/.Xauthority extract - :0.0 \
	| /usr/bin/X11/xauth -f /root/.Xauthority merge -

Then it automatically adds root as authorized to contact my display when
I am in X.  It errors when I su to root at the console, which is easily
fixed by surround it with an if $display clause or something, but I have
nevered bothered.

Tim