[lug] Virtual Machine?

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Wed Nov 28 15:28:31 MST 2001

On Tue, 27 Nov 2001, John Karns wrote:

> Maybe it's senility creeping up, but I don't recall having to patch a
> kernel to run VMWare (been using it since about 2.0), just rebuilding the
> vmnet, and vmmon modules.  The VMWare supplied smb source for the VM
> networking *was* modified by them though.  But I don't recall ever having
> to fuss with it, as in applying patches to it.

I have to admit to having the same confusion.  I setup the VMWare demo at
the past CLIQ conference, and all I remember was installing the software
and hitting the go button.  I was running it on a low end laptop and it
was a bit slow, but functional.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                       ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technology
     http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html