[lug] pspell API - "can't find aspell module"

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Thu Nov 29 12:13:22 MST 2001

"Michael J. Hammel" wrote:

> Anyone here every try to use the Pspell API?  I looked at the manual and
> it's "Usage" section which describes how to use the API.  I used the
> examples pretty much as they are listed.  It works except I always get the
> message "Can't load the Aspell module".  I have no idea where to look for
> these modules or how to make them available to be loaded.

I haven't used pspell, though I have it installed. Do you have the
aspell rpm or package, which is a separate package?

rpm -qva | grep spell

If you do, get an strace log and search for aspell in it:
strace -oSpellLog.txt /path/to/program/you/run

(if you have the aspell package, one possibility is that permissions are
incorrect to access it)

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com