[lug] pspell API - "can't find aspell module"

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Thu Nov 29 15:49:16 MST 2001

Thus spoke John Hernandez
> Maybe with a tweak to the Makefile you can try static linking to
> increase portability.

Only if I ship pspell with my application.  I already ship nenscript,
pilot-link and syncal with it, and ical is needed (currently) for
calendaring.  Adding pspell is just too many external requirements. I
don't want to ship the library with my application, especially one that is
in such an early stage of development.  It's easier to use ispell/aspell as
external commands called using a pipe since I can check for those
applications at start up and if they aren't found just disable the feature.
I already do that for things like mail and printing as well as the pilot-link,
ical and syncal features.

--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |   Books we'll never see: