[lug] platform independent random number generator

Ken Weinert kenw at ihs.com
Fri Nov 30 05:59:31 MST 2001

Re: [lug] Anyone know of any Sr Network Eng positions?

Not sure why I looked at this one, but glad I did :)

* Kelly Brock (krbrock at pacbell.net) [011130 06:40]:
> 	Personally I'd take a look at www.flipcode.com and search for John
> Ratcliff's gaussian random number stuff.  I'm pretty sure it has a basic PM
> based random number generator core.  Otherwise, the online book for
> numerical recipies in C has a huge selection of random number generation
> techniques listed.  And finally, if it's really required, I have a huge
> selection of them myself.

	Thanks for the pointers - flipcode doesn't seem to be working
as far as the code stuff goes. I found the Ratcliff link, but it
doesn't work and searching the code archive also fails. Probably a
temporary glitch, I'll check back.

	I'll also look for the Numerical Recipies site and check it
out.

	Thanks again to all for the pointers. I can usually do pretty
good with a search, but evidently I didn't hit the correct combination
of keywords for this one.

--
Ken Weinert   kenw at ihs.com 303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/