[lug] Replacing leased cable modem with @Home?

Sean Reifschneider jafo at tummy.com
Sat Dec 1 09:30:10 MST 2001

On Sat, Dec 01, 2001 at 08:52:37AM -0700, Calvin Dodge wrote:
>Well, all three relatives' cable modems (Mom, older brother, younger
>sister) are down. Mom's system was using dhcpcd successfully, and dhcpcd
>is NOT sensing any IP address now.

We just got the call.  They're apparently offering 2 days of credit for
every day the service is down (Evelyn took the call, so this is
second-hand).  Sounds like they're expecting to have it back up at some
point though.

I just ran a couple of commands on my firewall and routing is back up
through the DSL...

Sean
--
 Good judgement comes from experience, and experience comes from bad judgement.
                 -- Fred Brooks