[lug] attbi troubles

Ken Weinert mc at morat.net
Wed Dec 5 07:51:46 MST 2001

Ok, my transition last night didn't go well - in fact, it didn't go at
all.

Therefore, I spent about 30 minutes online with a tech guy (with about
a 30 minute wait to get to him :)

So, since I'm at work, I haven't actually tried this yet, but here's
some info I thought I'd pass along.

1) You need to change/remove the old @home machine name

2) you *might* need to go to sas.r4.attbi.com to register your
modem. I'm thinking that in the transition they somehow got some
database info hosed in my case. There you'll need your account number
and mac address (the registration code is the last 9 of your account
#)

3) he said that (unlike @home) IPs will change every 24 hours. I'm
presuming he means that IPs will have an enforced 24 hour lease.

4) after doing the above, there should be some info at
http://www.newuser.attbi.com, but that's only reachable from the attbi
network (according the tech, Michael.)

Hope your transition went easier than mine.

--
Ken Weinert   kenw at ihs.com 303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/