[lug] BLUG Planning for 2002 and beyond

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Tue Dec 11 15:00:41 MST 2001

On Tue, 11 Dec 2001, Faster-Laster wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 11, 2001 at 02:27:38PM -0700, Ed Hill wrote:
> >  - a brand-new DS10 alpha box from Compaq
>
> OK, that's a lot more impressive than the box of BSD blinky daemon horns
> we got. :)

Yes, but without registering as a non-profit we usually have more goodies
and special offers than I can deal with.  In my opinion the "best" offers
we've had have been the book from O'Reilly and a few other
publishers.  The difficulty I've always had with the hardware offers is
what do you do with these?  Who in the group gets to take this home?  The
only really equitable solution I've found is to raffle this stuff off.

Anyway, I think the idea of creating a group charter, steering committee,
etc. is a good idea.  This was what I had originally envisioned when I
started this group.  Let's maybe start there, and then see how things
evolve.

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                        ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies
      http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html