[lug] Postfix, hash, and unsupported dictionary types....

Ian Hall-Beyer manuka at nerdherd.net
Thu Dec 13 13:57:04 MST 2001

I recently rebuilt my postfix installation, because it didn't support hash
maps (I was using dbm mostly).

postconf -m tells me that hash is supported. I start postfix with a hash
map listed in the main.cf - and it melts down saying that hash is an
unsupported dictionary type.

I've rebuilt postfix numerous times with both berkeley DB 3.3 and 4, to no
avail. Everything looks kosher from the library standpoint.

Is anyone using pop-before-smtp with dbm?

does anyone know more about hash support in postfix?

-Ian