[lug] DVD driver spits out disk?

Michael J. Hammel mjhammel at graphics-muse.org
Mon Dec 17 14:40:19 MST 2001

Thus spoke Evelyn Mitchell
> Are you running nautilus and gnome?
> There's a configuration to turn off automount in nautilus:
>   Gnomefoot: Programs: Settings: Desktop: CD Properties
> Turn off "Automatically mount CD when inserted".
>
> I'm guessing the automount of the dvd is failing.

That may be on, I'll have to check.  After posting the message I started
searching 'round the net.  I found lots of complaints about this drive
spitting out CDs (though that hasn't happened to mine yet).  However, the
technical specs over at Creative's site don't list DVD support for this
drive.  VCD, yes.  DVD, no.

Ah well.
--
Michael J. Hammel           |
The Graphics Muse           |   Democracy is a beautiful thing, except for that