[lug] Autocorrelation functions?

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Wed Dec 19 16:43:35 MST 2001

On Wed, 19 Dec 2001, D. Stimits wrote:

> Octave or goctave (goctave is a gui frontend, this also uses gplot to
> draw graphs). I can't swear it has correlation coefficients, but I
> suspect it does, it emulates just about everything matlab does,
> including some fairly advanced calculus. Beware that if your results do
> not look right, octave often calculates on the assumption of everything
> being a matrix, so pay close attention to notation. I'd prefer maple or
> mathematica, but they're commercial packages, my student version of
> mathematica no longer works (they won't give new keys unless you can
> prove you are a current student).

I just installed Octave, will have to see if that will work.  Was playing
with Scilab a bit earlier, and it might work too.  I've just got to figure
out how to use these, and process a set of data before Christmas.  It
might be just about as easy to hack together a Python program, will have
to review the autocorrelation function here to see ...

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                        ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies
      http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html