[lug] KDE default browser

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 21 15:31:58 MST 2001

Is there a way to make Netscape 6 my KDE default browser?  It's
installed in /usr/local/netscape/.  I can't find a central place to
make this change.  I'm running KDE 2.2.

I've got a way to fire it up from the panel, but in other embedded
functions, Konqueror still takes over.  For example, if I double click
an entry in the ticker applet, I get Konqueror.

Another problem is that if I tell Konqueror or File Browser to "Open
with Netscape", I get a Netscape 6 window with my home page (rather
than the target document).

Any ideas?

--

   - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
  |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |