[lug] logging with bind 8

charles at lunarmedia.net charles at lunarmedia.net
Sat Dec 29 08:03:03 MST 2001

thanks for the help, however i'm still not seeing anything logging to
alternative files other than /var/log/messages. even with lame-servers
specifically addressed as you have below, lame-server errors and still
showing up in regular syslog output.
does named need to be started in a certain manner in order to be able to
allow this type of logging?  i even touched all of the related log files
and gave them 666 perms to see if it was an error in the daemon being able
to write, but to no avail.

-c