[lug] lsof and KDE 2.2.2?

Ken Weinert kenw at ihs.com
Tue Jan 1 17:20:44 MST 2002

On Tuesday 01 Jan 2002 16:16, you wrote:
> Hi, everyone.
>
> Now the KDE question is, what's up with kdesktop? He's guessing that
> there's an average of 4-10 accesses per second. We suspect that this
> polling is probably happening even when ~/Desktop is on a local hard
> drive, but aren't sure - I'm not running KDE on my laptop.
>
> I spent a fair chunk of time looking over kdesktop's bug list,
> http://bugs.kde.org/db/pa/lkdesktop.html and there don't seem to be
> any obviously similar bugs.  Has anybody else seen this behavior, or
> is it time to post a bug report to KDE?

	Well, I hadn't chased down what it is, but I'll 2nd the notion that
something is accessing the disk on a fairly continuous basis - I'll have to
track it down and see if it's the same thing.

--
Ken Weinert   kenw at ihs.com 303-858-6956 (V) 303-705-4258 (F)
GnuPG KeyID: 9274F1CE           GnuPG available at http://www.gnupg.org/