[lug] ATI Radeon Video Card

Ken Weinert mc at morat.net
Tue Jan 8 05:30:15 MST 2002

It could very well be a problem with the X server - I know that for an older
card I have I had to regress to the 3.3.6 X server as the 4.0/4.1 server
didn't work on my card - and I had exactly the same problems with random
geometric stuff on my screen as you.

BTW: as long as you don't fat finger the keys, you can still type blindly
when you switch to a console screen. It all works OK (ie kb input isn't
hosed) you just can't see what's going on.