[lug] Quickbooks clone for linux?

Evelyn Mitchell efm at tummy.com
Tue Jan 8 09:37:09 MST 2002

On Tue, Jan 08, 2002 at 09:32:21AM -0700, Scott Herod wrote:
> Hello,
>
>   I'm doing some contract work and apparently everyone on the
> planet but me uses Quickbooks for creating invoices.  Is there
> something like it that doesn't require me to also find a copy
> of Winders?

Looks like there's a free eval copy of Appgen's Mybooks from
http://www.appgen.com/ There's also a pro version.

You may also want to look at SQL Ledger.
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/sql-ledger
  http://www.sql-ledger.org/

I'm just evaluating them, so I can't say whether any of them are any
good.

Freshmeat has a review article by Christopher Browne about Financial
software for Linux.

Evelyn Mitchell
efm at tummy.com