[lug] There must be a better way

Riggs, Rob RRiggs at doubleclick.net
Wed Jan 23 14:24:21 MST 2002

The problem with what he suggests here is security.

Slackware 3.5 is comprised of ancient packages. How easy is it
to root a Slack 3.5 box today? I looked at a selection of packages
from the slackware.com site, and all of the code in that version
is horribly outdated. They do not appear to be supporting them or
issuing security updates any more.