[lug] [OT] Mail accessibility...

John Hernandez John.Hernandez at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 24 14:05:37 MST 2002

Doesn't an INBOX size quota deal with this problem in a straightforward
way?  It seems reasonable, too; my snail postman wouldn't put up with
my house mailbox being stuffed full of old mail.  You can then charge
extra ducats for a larger INBOX.

To deal with DoS and people going on vacation, you can also make it
policy to only count messages older than a week or two against the quota.

Is there a good OSS package for this kind of thing?

--

   - John Hernandez - Network Engineer - 303-497-6392 -
  |  National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration   |