[lug] Personal Daemons

D. Stimits stimits at idcomm.com
Sat Jan 26 16:52:56 MST 2002

Peter Hutnick wrote:

> Paul Hardiman wrote:
>
> > Hi.
> > I was wondering if anybody has done any work or has any thoughts dealing
> > with starting and stopping user daemons like esd and oafd in the context
> > of a session?
> >
> > We seem to understand how to manage daemons for boot and shutdown, but I
> > don't recall
> > anything similar for when a user logs in or out.
>
> Am I the only one who finds the subject really funny?

I ask myself the same thing each morning I wake up. First, I concentrate
hard on "init 3, init 3, init 3!". Eventually, if I concentrate hard
enough, I make it there. Then my coffee Daemon either breaks me, or
helps me...it is up to each person to use their coffee Daemon...I
concentrate..."init 5, init 5, init 5!". At that point, either the
coffee Daemon comes online, or I'm forced back to init 1. We all have
our Daemons, use them wisely.

*sorry, I just drank coffee, I could not resist*

D. Stimits, stimits at idcomm.com