[lug] Help me?

Richard Fifarek rfifarek at silug.org
Tue Feb 5 10:16:41 MST 2002

	Ok, not sure this was sent where it was intended, but I'll answer.

	In order to delete a mailbox in Cyrus, one must give the admin
user (typically cyrus) delete permissions.  Cyrus uses ACLs to manange
permissions, so one must change the ACL on the mailbox.  Look at:
http://asg.web.cmu.edu/cyrus/cyrus-overview.html#acl for a description of
Cyrus' ACLs.

	To change the ACL (within cyradm), use setaclmailbox (or sam for
short) and to view the ACL use listaclmailbox (or lam for short).
Typically, this should work:

	sam user.<username> cyrus lrswipcda

	Hope this helps.

	     Richard H. Fifarek	       		rfifarek at silug.org