[lug] Weird Experience

J. Wayde Allen wallen at lug.boulder.co.us
Tue Feb 5 11:45:06 MST 2002

Not sure what to make of the following.

I was sitting here in my office with my Debian box running as usual.  I
happened to notice a fairly large amount of disk activity but didn't think
much of it, until I looked at the screen.  The image on my desktop was no
longer what I had set it to me, but rather a collection of what looked
like advertising logos, although some of them looked like they had bee cut
up and weren't complete.  The system itself seemed to be
operational.  Logging out and then back in gave me back my usual desktop.

I'm just wondering what happened?  Something odd between the screen saver
and web browser ...?  Hacking activity ...?

- Wayde
  (wallen at lug.boulder.co.us)

                        ISART 2002
    International Symposium on Advanced Radio Technologies
      http://www.its.bldrdoc.gov/meetings/art/index.html