[lug] penguin computing

Charles Morrison cmorrison at greeleynet.com
Mon Feb 11 15:56:52 MST 2002

I bought a penguin box for a customer several years ago. It is now
pretty much end of life due to obsolescense, but has never had a
hardware failure, running nonstop for close to 3 years. My only
complaint was that the video card in it was not supported by the stock
RH 5.2 media it came with, so a subsequent OS reload never had a good X
setup. Not really important since it was a web server, but an
aggrivation none the less.

If by chance you liked the look of the old VA Linux 1u and 2u  servers,
they are now being sold by california digital -
http://www.californiadigital.com . Unfortunately, it seems like most of
the VA expertise that went to CD was in sales and marketing.

I don't know anything about support from either of these california
based companies.