[lug] LaTeX to Word Doc/RTF

Dhruva B. Reddy sledgehammer2010 at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 18 14:19:12 MST 2002

Hi all,

I have finally broken down and decided to look for one of those job
things.  This time, I wrote my resume using LaTeX, using the macros
submitted by Ed Hill late last year.

Unfortunately, I have so far spoken to one headhunter who insists that
resumes be in M$ Word.  Not only am I not in a position to tell her to
go jump in a lake, I don't believe that this is an isolated incident.

I have tried ltx2rtf, but the result causes both StarOffice and Abiword
to crash.

Has anyone had success doing something like this?  Also, to those of you
who have recently looked (or are currently looking), what has been your
experience with resume formats?

I guess if worse comes to worst, I could convert my resume to HTML, but
I would lose a lot of formatting.

Thanks,
Dhruva