[lug] At last! A graphical debugger.

Tom Tromey tromey at redhat.com
Tue Feb 19 18:24:33 MST 2002

>>>>> "Scott" == Scott A Herod <herod at interact-tv.com> writes:

Scott> Since I've moaned here a couple of times about the lack of a good
Scott> graphical wrapper for gdb, I have to now sing the praises of DDD,
Scott> http://www.gnu.org/software/ddd/

Have you tried Insight?  If so, when?  And what is it about DDD that
makes you prefer it?

I use Insight pretty frequently, and I'll occasionally hack in a new
feature that I want.  So I'm curious both to see if I should switch
and also to see if there's something worthwhile I could add to
Insight.

Insight is pretty good, and though it is by no means perfect, the
biggest problem by far is gdb's tendency to crash when I'm debugging.

Tom