[lug] Hacking Society meeting location

Chris Riddoch socket at peakpeak.com
Wed Feb 20 11:41:40 MST 2002

> On Tue, Feb 19, 2002 at 09:56:36AM -0700, Chris Riddoch wrote:
> >The room we've used in the Engineering Center for the installfest,
> >previous meetings, and the Hacking Society has apparently been
> >reserved out from under me.
>
> Any other rooms in that area?

Lots, yes. With power and network connections at every chair? Not exactly...

> >Anybody have ideas about where to do it? Preferably something open
> >fairly late, accessible via RTD, and providing a network connection.
>
> Hmm, the Falling Rock?  ;-)

A little googling tells me that you're referring to a bar in LoDo, not too far
from Coors field, and I have a vague memory of a conversation once where it was
mentioned that said bar is geek-friendly, with at least ethernet.

I rather suspect it might be easier for me to get there than it would to get to
Kevin's place, the difference being that I know the LoDo area better than I
know where Kevin is and I wouldn't have to transfer buses as much. And the
regional buses go until very late at night. Boulder would certainly be easier
for me, but I'm pretty sure it's easier for me to get to LoDo than Kevin's.

In any case, both sound like good choices. And either would work, were I not
dependent on the RTD. Of course, if someone were to kindly provide me with
other modes of transportation (I live in North-ish Boulder but not north of
Iris *cough*hint*cough*), I'd just say let's have the Hacking Society at
Kevin's place this week.

--
Chris Riddoch       | epistemological
socket at peakpeak.com | humility

     This message was sent from Peak to Peak Internet.
 DSL - V.90 modems - Web Hosting and Business connectivity
          Please visit!  http://www.peakpeak.com
                    (888)-600-PEAK